19 December – Oatmeal Muffin Day
Ready to get baking?
1 cup of milk
1 cup of quick cooking oats
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1/4 cup of white sugar
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
Now for the instructions!
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius
- Grease muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and oats; let soak for 15 minutes
- In a separate bowl, beat together the egg and oil; then slowly stir in the oatmeal mixture.
- In a third bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir flour mixture into wet ingredients, just until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups until the cups are 2/3 of the way full.
Bake in preheated oven for twenty to twenty five minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.