The Best (and Simplest) Italian Salad
Recipe source: www.cookingwithmamac.com
White bottoms of 2 spring onions (optional)
1 tbs + 1 tsp olive oil
3 tbs white balsamic vinegar
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
- Use a pre-washed bag of lettuce or, if starting with a head of lettuce, make sure the leaves are rinsed and dried. Place your lettuce in a large bowl.
- If using the white part of the spring onions, rinse the spring onions, snip off the root end and slice the white part of the onion thinly. Add the white onion slices to your salad.
- Add the dressing ingredients one at a time and toss with two spoons to mix well.
Lemon Cheesecake Mousse
Recipe source: www.delish.com
1 put tennis biscuits
350 ml cream cheese, softened to room temperature
1 cup icing sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
Pinch of salt
1 cup whipped cream, plus more for garnish
Lemon wedges for garnish
- Divide the tennis biscuits between 4 dessert cups (setting aside a little for garnish).
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, whip cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add icing sugar, lemon juice, and salt, and beat until combined.
- Fold in 1 cup whipped cream.
- Pipe cream cheese mixture into cups and refrigerate until thickened (from 1 hour up to overnight).
- When ready to serve, top with remaining whipped cream and garnish with crushed tennis biscuits and lemon wedges.